Nansledan is a 218-hectare urban extension of Newquay to the east of the town. It has been earmarked by local authorities for more than 20 years as a way to meet the future business, housing, educational and health needs for Newquay in a sustainable way.
The Cambridge System has evolved out of a number of bespoke projects carried out by Action for Swifts in the Cambridge area, which you can read about here. Although all of these projects have been retrofitted into existing buildings, it is of course easier to install in new build.
The Cambridge System is designed with the following objectives:
- To be visually unobtrusive, embedded within the wall of the building
- To provide secure, temperature-stable accommodation for Swifts
- To be low cost, and easy to install
- A brick insert containing the entrance in the outer wall
- An internal nest box spanning the cavity and the inner wall
CJ Wildlife will have the Cambridge Swift System on their stand at the Ecobuild exhibition in ExCeL, London on 7-9 March. More information is available from Paul Sears: firstname.lastname@example.org”
|Neat external appearance|
|WoodStone® box occupying space of one block|
|WoodStone® nest box inserted behind entrance piece|